Skip to main content

BOdYRiDE - ReClaiming our Bodies

Luxuriating in present moment awareness


 

Tuning into your body with receptive attention is a little like finding a previously undiscovered radio station that broadcasts content like you’ve never heard before.  You turn the dial, tune to this new station, and suddenly and surprisingly a whole new and amazing world of music opens up to you. 


When you tune into your inner movement flow, sensing your body with receptive attention, a whole new level of unexplored existence opens up to you. You find yourself fascinated by, and in awe of your body, your mind, and your beautiful humanity.


Our bodies know how to luxuriate in the pleasurable sensations of being alive. They simply need our intention to give our attention to them.  Practice letting go of being in charge. Focus on receiving your bodies’ sensations, and allow your attention to follow your bodies’ flow. 


Recall a time when you anticipated taking a warm bath. 


Now imagine slipping into that bath, your body sliding down into the tub.  Instantly, your body relaxes into that warm, soothing bathwater. You feel its warm melting embrace as your attention focuses on, and follows the sensations of the water sliding up and surrounding your body.   Every inch of your skin comes alive as the warmth penetrates deep into your core. Perhaps a throaty “ahhh” escapes your lips as you surrender into the sensual pleasure that fills your awareness as you come to rest in the warm comforting water.   


When you allow yourself to pay attention, and receive sensations of pleasure, your breath deepens, your world softens, and time disappears. 


We can invite ourselves to fully luxuriate in the pleasure of our physicality. We can give our attention over fully to our physical aliveness. In doing so we embrace, appreciate, honor and enliven ourselves; effortlessly enhancing our vitality, experiencing our wholeness and witnessing our essential well-being.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Dance

by Harmony Gates I was lying on my back in the center of the room. The music was slow the lights were low. A ritual preparation. Tuning in: to the room, to the music, to my body. He rolled up to me slowly… deliberately, I thought, and peered down at me; head cocked to the left, mouth slightly open, teeth slightly showing. I'd had this happen before; another day, another dance. He'd rolled up next to me, peering in my direction. I'd offered to connect, and he'd rolled right on past. But this time felt different. He stopped. I waited. He looked. I held his gaze. My right arm was outstretched hand open, reaching in slow motion. Inviting, offering, waiting. Wanting nothing, allowing everything. As if called forth-- his left arm, pinioned to his chest like an unfurled wing, began to extend. His hand, claw-like in it's spastic contraction met mine With incredible power and strength he closed his

Being Embraced

A Description of Contact Improvisation Dance Practice: Achieving inner stillness through attention to, and acute observation of our impulses; our bodily experience. Meeting at the point of touch and exploring, through mutual responsiveness, what movement wants to unfold from an authentic, neutral space Curiously exploring that meeting, that point, that present moment, while maintaining full, unconditional presence. Saying, “YES!” in response to the other, without diminishing our self; without compromising our own authenticity. Surrendering to process, letting go of judgment, of intention, of willfulness. Experiencing a spaciousness that allows full acceptance self and other. As we are. Mutually supporting what is happening. And when there are ‘disconnects’, stopping and waiting. Waiting for that full presence to come into each of us again; for that felt sense of, “Ah yes, you are here, I am here, we meet here.” And in agreement, continuing. Joined, yet separate and individual. Connecti

A Cannabis Lesson

I remember smoking some cannabis many years ago when I was visiting the island of Kauai. I wasn’t a frequent smoker. In fact I’d had a skeptical relationship with the plant. I was lying under a Plumeria tree and as soon as I felt ‘high’, I started feeling disoriented and panicked about the seemingly ongoing open-endedness of my own existence.   Simply experiencing the structureless and infinite possibilities of where to focus my awareness was terrifying. I remember the free-floating panic I was experiencing and I felt   overwhelmed with the idea that I had no idea how to direct my focus or my Self, believing that I had no way of knowing how I was supposed to focus my attention, my energy, or myself. I imagined an endless existence with endless possibilities, and   no structure to hold or guide me. This provoked such anxiety that I longed for the effect of the marijuana to swiftly wear off and bring me back to the state of mind I was accustomed to .   I thought I was doomed to, or trapp