Skip to main content

What's MY calling?


 I woke up the other morning, 

once again acutely aware of the fact that I was still searching for a TITLE for myself. One that fit my calling in this life.


The title, or term ’Coach’ has always been an option, but has never been a clear fit for me. Adviser, consultant, mentor, teacher, trainer, hostess, facilitator… all these seem to hold an aspect of what I’m about. So I once again my mind suggested and toyed with all of these terms. But none seemed to feel just right. Just like in the story of The Three Bears, all these terms seemed too hot, too cold, too big, too small, too hard, or too soft. I didn’t want to settle until I found a title that felt, Just Right. And none of these comfortably fit me. 


So once again I sat with some disappointment and frustration, unable to nail a title that I could sit inside of with complete contentment.   Accepting my failure with a deep sigh, I let go. I let go of the striving and surrendered. I dropped into a quiet stillness. 


Then, to my surprised mind, arising out of the seeming void, the words, ‘Way Shower’ came into my awareness. Way Shower. I rolled these words around my tongue and mind, savoring their flavors and textures. Finding nothing to reject, my face slowly broke into a smile. Could this be the fit? I jumped up to perform research in order to see if, how, or where these words, this phrase, this title might already be in use.


After eliminating the top hits showing me pictures of bathroom shower fixtures, a simple Google search presented some fascinating descriptions of ‘Way Shower’. Disappointingly though, all seemed to have decidedly woo woo Spiritual overtones. 


My past includes having been a member of a religious cult that claimed the existence of a spiritual hierarchy of beings enlisted to watch over the evolution of the human race. Woo woo. I wasn’t interested in buying into that dogma again. But I set aside  that resistance for a moment to listen to a particular video’s description of, ‘Way Shower Lightworker’. And I actually found a surprisingly accurate description of myself, my values, my life experiences, and how I’ve come to understand my life’s meaning and my calling.


watch WAYSHOWER LIGHTWORKER


Here are some notes I pulled both from my web search and from the video:  


What is a ‘Way Shower’?


One who shows others the way by simply awakening and living her truth; (by Being that truth rather than preaching it.)  

A galactic ninja standing at the leading edge of consciousness and pre-paving the way for others to follow.

One who uses her leadership skills to help light the world. 

A Being who is Channeling her Higher Self.


A WAY SHOWER: 


  • Leads others to discover what she already knows about them; 
    • “You are your own greatest teacher and all you will ever need to know is inside you.”
  • Is on the path of Awakening and Discovery
  • Guides others by living an inspired and Authentic Life
  • Acts as an example and inspiration for others to follow
  • Keeps in mind the highest interest of All Beings
  • Is gentle, nurturing, peaceful and intuitive
  • Has deep respect for nature and animals
  • Serves Humanity
  • Lights the path for others so that they may move onto their own path
  • Creates a new world of Community, Harmony, and Equality
  • Lives in resonance with her Truth and Authenticity
  • Teaches, Guides and Inspires others through her actions


Signs that suggest you may be a WAY SHOWER:


YOU:

  • Had a hard time growing up; experienced many childhood difficulties
  • Learned to overcome hardship
  • Are a Pioneer; have a more expansive point of view than average 
    • People notice your vibrancy, your love and your support for others; the positivity you naturally impart to others
    • Others admire that you are genuine and live in alignment with your truth and values
    • Other people are intrigued and inspired by you
  • YOU:

  • feel sad and lonely looking at how others can act cruelly or mindlessly
  • don't trust most religions, institutions or governments, and are aware the competition hidden agendas behind most power groups
  • are where you're living your life differently from most people
  • are always wanting to learn
  • make an effort to diversify what you are learning about and keep an open mind for different opinions and perspectives
  • attract people who need help; people who feel they can trust
  • have Special Abilities


For me, the most important aspect of this description, as I sense into my deepest intention as a teacher, trainer, coach, guide, listener, advisor and supporter, is my knowledge that: 


“We are our own greatest teachers and all we will ever need to know is already inside us.” 


I wish for all of us to deeply realize and fully live the truth that,

We need no one to confirm us; we are everything we believe ourselves to be.”


What about you? Might you also be a Way Shower? 

Or perhaps there is a different title you can give yourself, and fully own? 

Are you searching for that title, that identity, that quality that fits just right?  


Are you ready to COME HOME to yourSelf; your Brilliant, Powerful, Magnificent True Self...

to be Fully Alive & Present in each rich Moment?


Could you benefit from the support of one who validates and reflects the Truth of your own Inner Wisdom, your own Brilliant Source, Spirit, and Inner Guide? One who SEES and reflects your wisdom, beauty and value?

                One who can help you clarify your gifts, values and calling?


How about a free conversation with me to see if I can support you in that?


Reach out and Let's Talk



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Dance

by Harmony Gates I was lying on my back in the center of the room. The music was slow the lights were low. A ritual preparation. Tuning in: to the room, to the music, to my body. He rolled up to me slowly… deliberately, I thought, and peered down at me; head cocked to the left, mouth slightly open, teeth slightly showing. I'd had this happen before; another day, another dance. He'd rolled up next to me, peering in my direction. I'd offered to connect, and he'd rolled right on past. But this time felt different. He stopped. I waited. He looked. I held his gaze. My right arm was outstretched hand open, reaching in slow motion. Inviting, offering, waiting. Wanting nothing, allowing everything. As if called forth-- his left arm, pinioned to his chest like an unfurled wing, began to extend. His hand, claw-like in it's spastic contraction met mine With incredible power and strength he closed his

Being Embraced

A Description of Contact Improvisation Dance Practice: Achieving inner stillness through attention to, and acute observation of our impulses; our bodily experience. Meeting at the point of touch and exploring, through mutual responsiveness, what movement wants to unfold from an authentic, neutral space Curiously exploring that meeting, that point, that present moment, while maintaining full, unconditional presence. Saying, “YES!” in response to the other, without diminishing our self; without compromising our own authenticity. Surrendering to process, letting go of judgment, of intention, of willfulness. Experiencing a spaciousness that allows full acceptance self and other. As we are. Mutually supporting what is happening. And when there are ‘disconnects’, stopping and waiting. Waiting for that full presence to come into each of us again; for that felt sense of, “Ah yes, you are here, I am here, we meet here.” And in agreement, continuing. Joined, yet separate and individual. Connecti

A Cannabis Lesson

I remember smoking some cannabis many years ago when I was visiting the island of Kauai. I wasn’t a frequent smoker. In fact I’d had a skeptical relationship with the plant. I was lying under a Plumeria tree and as soon as I felt ‘high’, I started feeling disoriented and panicked about the seemingly ongoing open-endedness of my own existence.   Simply experiencing the structureless and infinite possibilities of where to focus my awareness was terrifying. I remember the free-floating panic I was experiencing and I felt   overwhelmed with the idea that I had no idea how to direct my focus or my Self, believing that I had no way of knowing how I was supposed to focus my attention, my energy, or myself. I imagined an endless existence with endless possibilities, and   no structure to hold or guide me. This provoked such anxiety that I longed for the effect of the marijuana to swiftly wear off and bring me back to the state of mind I was accustomed to .   I thought I was doomed to, or trapp