Skip to main content


Ecstatic Dance in 9 Chapters

1)

So I danced tonight
with medicine
I'm still a little high
Still in my right brain
Still in Hang---

Taking time to integrate,
and
Celebrate Now.

I noticed:

My first touch
received, “don't press, don't press.”
My last touch
received “don't squeeze my neck
that way.”
Unfazed
and going for what I want
Everything in
Between
was extraordinary.

I listened.
With confidence.
My responses
were radically
Receptive
Radically Supportive.

'G' was undone
He wanted to ravish me.

'C' exploded
in the halo
of my attention,
my relating.

'L' popped in delight
by my audacious
innocence.

Be solid.
Then I can find you.
Then you can have me.

My touch
penetrates to your core
if you have one
if you'll be there
if you'll let me,

There is nothing more
delicious.

2)

I noticed:
That when I own my dance
You come to me.

And when you do
I notice you.

You feel me dancing
with your core

And when you do,
you give me more
of you.

To which I respond,
“have me.”

3)

'A' allows me
to dance with her.

I listen impeccably,
only following
only following

She receives me:
my body
my bones,

As long as I ask
for nothing.

4)

I sing with 'V'
“Eastern vocals with
Western Tunes”
My body loves to tone
this loudly
with all my lungs
all my heart
all my power.
How does she know?
How do I know
that I know?

I can't show my work
So DON'T ASK
I just know.

It's OK. I'm OK THIS IS
OK.
OK.
I notice
that others are
attracted
to my singing, dancing
self.
There is energy here.
There is life
There is Me.

I am channeling
I am a channel.
A Hollow
Channel.

When, for a moment
I am
noticing me;
Noticing me
rather than
Being
Me--

The magic collapses
The grace disappears
The connection falters.

Of course!
I am a poet.
Not an analyst.

I feel,
and I act.
If I stop to think about it
I freeze.
In doubt.

'B' introduces 'V'
at the end
As an afterthought.

She gets the loudest
and longest
applause.

5)

“I have to live
with my left hip,”
says 'A'

Funny my left hip is paining me
also.
In the dance I find
a classic pose--
My low back arched
my torso raised.
My posture is exquisite
And my left hip screams.
It hurts so good.

Afterward
I'm compelled to stretch.
I discover a muscle
between my quad and hamstring
that is twisted in pain.

Suddenly I know
this is about
my left toe!

I give my leg
my full attention.
I see now,
that even the most
Body Aware
can fail to pay
attention.

But what a talent
I possess.
Anyone touched by me
is blessed.

6)

When I stopped reaching for 'A'--
she turned away.

I found myself
to my surprise
reaching for my Self.

And I was there for me.

7)

I am
a Dancing Healer,
Medicine Woman.
I am
not Amma
the hugging Saint.
I am
Amae (Zing)
the Dancing Saint.

I have Medicine
for everyone I touch

Whether you know it or not,
I rock!

8)

How can one fail
to feel
the full impact
of this Love
I offer?

9)

Only
with eyes closed
Can I follow
Open eyes give me ideas!

dHG (harmony)
3/24/11

Artwork by Janna Mitchell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Dance

by Harmony Gates I was lying on my back in the center of the room. The music was slow the lights were low. A ritual preparation. Tuning in: to the room, to the music, to my body. He rolled up to me slowly… deliberately, I thought, and peered down at me; head cocked to the left, mouth slightly open, teeth slightly showing. I'd had this happen before; another day, another dance. He'd rolled up next to me, peering in my direction. I'd offered to connect, and he'd rolled right on past. But this time felt different. He stopped. I waited. He looked. I held his gaze. My right arm was outstretched hand open, reaching in slow motion. Inviting, offering, waiting. Wanting nothing, allowing everything. As if called forth-- his left arm, pinioned to his chest like an unfurled wing, began to extend. His hand, claw-like in it's spastic contraction met mine With incredible power and strength he closed his

Being Embraced

A Description of Contact Improvisation Dance Practice: Achieving inner stillness through attention to, and acute observation of our impulses; our bodily experience. Meeting at the point of touch and exploring, through mutual responsiveness, what movement wants to unfold from an authentic, neutral space Curiously exploring that meeting, that point, that present moment, while maintaining full, unconditional presence. Saying, “YES!” in response to the other, without diminishing our self; without compromising our own authenticity. Surrendering to process, letting go of judgment, of intention, of willfulness. Experiencing a spaciousness that allows full acceptance self and other. As we are. Mutually supporting what is happening. And when there are ‘disconnects’, stopping and waiting. Waiting for that full presence to come into each of us again; for that felt sense of, “Ah yes, you are here, I am here, we meet here.” And in agreement, continuing. Joined, yet separate and individual. Connecti

Where Pleasure Lives

  WHERE PLEASURE LIVES   Just now, Letting go   of mental review and prediction, or even naming;   and simply sensing,   or rather aware-ing .   Even the witness disappears, and there is only the experiencer. This is the place where pleasure lives.   The mourning doves come   in these moments. They fly in and directly approach me.   Time disappears,   Ambition disappears.   Needs disappear.   This open ended satisfaction and pleasure- Its Heart Centered- 100% open;   radiating, receiving, being, beaming, Blissing.   Blissing is a verb! This is the ultimate nourishment.   Why would I trade it for less? It is free of effort, free of trying.   Free of directing, free of reaching.   It is having . I can have it all. I can give it all. I can be it all.   Love will hold it all.   Trust, surrender, trust, surrender, trust, surrender.   If it's meant to happen, it will.   And I will know.   Put your arms around me baby,   put your arms around me baby.   Put your arms around me baby.